We are pleased to provide the recordings of Upawana Sutta – Part 2 conducted at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero. Upawana Sutta is a valuable discourse based on a discussion between Ven. Sariputta and Ven. Upawana. The Sutta focuses on the development of Bojjhanga, which are the seven factors of enlightenment.
In this Upawana Sutta – Part 2, Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero continues on the explanation of Bojjhanga and the nature of the mind of a Yogi who develop up to that level.
This Sutta is from Book 5-1, Page 159 of Sanyukta Nikaya, Maha Vagga, Bojjhanga Sanyukta of Sutta Pitaka. Please click here to download a PDF file of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka.
You can also locate the Sutta at Tripitakaya.org at this link: Upawana Sutta
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Q and A 01_ 06-04-2015
- 02 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Dhamma Talk 01_06-04-2015
- 03 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Q and A 02_07-04-2015
- 04 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Dhamma Talk 02_07-04-2015
- 05 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Q and A 03_08_04-2015
- 06 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Dhamma Talk 03_08-04-2015
- 07 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Q and A 04_09_04-2015
- 08 RET 93 Upawana Sutta – Part 2_Dhamma Talk 04_09-04-2015