We are pleased to provide the recordings of a Dhamma series conducted at Prior Lake, Minnesota, U.S.A. during July 2014. The meditation retreat was conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero of Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest monastery based on Maha Rahulovada Sutta. The series was primarily conducted in Sinhala.
Maha Rahulovada Sutta is a highly regarded Sutta among the Theravada Buddhists. According to the Majjhima Commentary, once when the 18 year old Rāhula Thero was following the Buddha on alms-round, the young Thero develops sensual thoughts. The Buddha upon noticing these unwholesome thoughts gives the discourse of Maha Rahulovada Sutta to the young Rāhula Thero.
We have also included a PDF of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka publication. Please click here to download the PDF file.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
- 01-Day 1-Dhamma Talk 01_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 02-Day 1-Q&A_Discussion_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 03-Day 2-Dhamma Talk 02_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 04-Day 2-Q&A_Discussion_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 05-Day 3-Dhamma Talk 03_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 06-Day 3-Q&A_Discussion_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 07-Day 3-Children_English_Q&A_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 08-Day 4-Dhamma Talk 04_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 09-Day 4-Q&A_Discussion_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 10-Day 5-Dhamma Talk 05_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014
- 11-Day 5-Q&A_Discussion_MahaRahulovada Sutta 2014