Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero conducted the 30th Part of Dasuttara Sutta during the 132 residential meditation retreat at Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery.
The Maha Thero emphasizes the deeper workings of the mind of the Yogi on the Path and the entrance to Nibbana. The focus during this short residential retreat was on the finer development of Cittanupassana. These recordings are very useful to the Advanced Yogis. They can use these recordings to open the door to the innermost working of their minds.
The Maha Thero conducted this 05 days retreat in Sinhala during end November 2016.
The Chief Disciple Most Ven. Sariputta preached Dasuttara Sutta at the Gaggarāpokkharani in Campā, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants.
Dasuttara Sutta (In Sinhala) is now available at Thripitakaya.org. Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta directly from Thripitakaya.org
Dasuttara Sutta Text in Sinhala
The addition of a new Comments Section for the Dhamma Listeners at the bottom of this web page.
Now you can post comments on this retreat and the recordings based on the following;
- Those who attended the retreat can comment on as to how it changed their lives, particularly their day to day living.
- Both the attendees and the listeners can draw attention to a specific teaching area or point that influenced them most from either the Dhamma Talks or the Q&A sessions.
- They may draw references from Tripitaka providing links to sites like (Thripitakaya.org) or (accesstoinsight.org) but the comments should focus primarily on developing the practice of Vipassana and Samatha rather than mere imparting of book knowledge or theoretical knowledge.
- The commenters are encouraged to add value to this specific retreat by going beyond simple commending praises like ‘nice retreat’. Comment as to why it is good or nice.
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Q&A 01_27-11-2016
- 02 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Dhamma Talk 01_27-11-2016
- 03 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Q&A 02_28-11-2016
- 04 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Dhamma Talk 02_28-11-2016
- 05 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Q&A 03_29-11-2016
- 06 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Dhamma Talk 03_29-11-2016
- 07 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Q&A 04_30-11-2016
- 08 RET 132 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 30_Dhamma Talk 04_30-11-2016