Cula-suññata Sutta – Q&A in Sinhala conducted in England
Cula-suññata Sutta was the topic of the Sutta at the twelve days residential retreat conducted in England. Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero conducted the retreat from 25th June to 06th July 2016. The retreat was conducted mainly in English. There were a few Questions and Answers conducted in Sinhala. We are pleased to provide the recordings of those few Q&A sessions below.
Cula-suññata Sutta is from Majjhima Nikaya, Upari Pannasaka, Suññata Vagga of Tripitaka. The Sutta shows in gradual stages, how the “abiding in emptiness” (suññata vihara) refers to the fruition attainment of emptiness (suññata, phala, samāpatthi).
The Sutta opens with Ven. Ananda’s recalling the Buddha’s own “abiding in emptiness” (suññata vihara) and he questions the Buddha about it. The Buddha goes on to elaborate the “truly real, undistorted, utterly pure descent into emptiness”.
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 01-Sinhala_ 26-06-2016
- 02 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 02-Sinhala_30-06-2016
- 03 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 03-Sinhala_02-07-2016
- 04 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 04-Sinhala_03-07-2016
- 05 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 05-Sinhala_04-07-2016
- 06 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 06-Sinhala_05-07-2016
- 07 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 07-Sinhala_06-07-2016
- 08 Cula-suññata Sutta_Q and A 08-Sinhala_07-07-2016