Once again, we are pleased to present a series of Dhamma talks based on a relatively unknown Sutta. The sutta is the 8th of a group categorized as Maha Vagga in Anguttara Nikaya, Tika Nipatha. These suttas don’t have individual names other than the group name. However, for ease of recognition it was termed as Bhandana Sutta by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero when he delivered the series at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Monastery.
In this Sutta, the Lord Buddha advice to a group of monks as to how they should answer if a group of non-Buddhist monks ask about Raga, Dosa and Moha. This discourse is valuable due to the following;
1. It investigates the nature, arising and cessation of Raga, Dosa and Moha.
2. It explains the above in a practical simple form as the monks are taught to explain to non-Buddhists.
We are pleased to provide a PDF of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka. Please click here to download the PDF of the Sutta.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t, you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_QandA 01_02.09.2014
- 02 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 01_02.09.2014
- 03 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_QandA 02_03.09.2014
- 04 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 02_03.09.2014
- 05 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_QandA 03_04.09.2014
- 06 RET 79 Annyathitthiya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 03_04.09.2014