Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero selected Chachakka Sutta as the new Sutta for the Dhamma sermons at Lanka Vipassana Center on 14 August 2016.
Chachakka Sutta is from Majjhima Nikaya, Upari Pannasaka, Salayatana Vagga. The Sutta, given by the Lord Buddha to an assembly of monks at the Jetavana, is a comprehensive discourse in spiritual practice for the realization of insight into true reality. It examines the absence of an abiding self or soul in all aspects of the six-sense experience, that is, all our experience, physical and mental.
Chachakka Sutta is a key to helping the student of Dhamma to release Ego identification. It helps us to realize the truth about how the process of our existence actually works.
Given below is a link to the text of the Sutta from Thripitakaya.org;
The latest updates are Nos. 08 and 09 of 25 February 2017
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. Dhamma Talk 01_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_14-08-2016
- 02. Q&A 01_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_14-08-2016
- 03. Guided Sitting Meditation_09-10-2016
- 04. Q&A 02_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_09-10-2016
- 05. Dhamma Talk 02_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_09-10-2016
- 06. Q&A 03_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_13-11-2016
- 07. Dhamma Talk 03_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_13-11-2016
- 08. Q&A 04_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_25-02-2017
- 09. Dhamma Talk 04_Chachakka Sutta_Lanka Vipassana_25-02-2017
To be continued…..