|Please click this Button to get more information.|
Dear Friends of the Dhamma,
We felt it is important to share a recent special Dhamma discussion conducted with the unknown Forest Monk from Sri Lanka. These two discussions have important pointers valuable to all the practitioners of the Path.
The first discussion is invaluable due to the following reasons;
- The description on Clinging or Upadana is quite compelling.
- It is important to develop a regular meditation practice. One shouldn’t stop at Dana or Silā.
- The section on Watha – (වත) is interesting and one could find a close relationship to ‘Leave No Trace’ described on 01 May 2014 during the One Day Retreat at Nissarana Vanaya Monastery.
- The answer given regarding handling anger is invaluable and would be quite useful to both the beginners and those who have practiced the Path for years.
The second discussion is valuable due to the following reasons;
- Explanation on Puja and Patipada.
- Explanation on the connection between Dana (දානය) and ආයුස, වර්ණය, සැපය, බලය.
- Kamma and its effects. කර්මය සහ කර්ම ඵලය.
- The danger of continued hateful mind.
- The meaning of renunciation (අත්හැරීම) as applicable to a householder.
We are grateful to a fellow practitioner who recorded this transmission from the USA. He kindly sent us the Video file from Youtube for the benefit of the greater listeners. This was downloaded, extensively edited and converted to MP3 and presented to our Dhamma listeners.
Please click the following link to listen or to download the these special discussions.