Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero conducted a three days long residential retreat at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery during end April 2019. This short retreat was based on a little known and yet a highly important Sutta without a name. The sutta and the two Dhamma discourses given at this retreat are highly important due to the following reasons;
- The Ven. Thero explains as enumerated by Lord Buddha that development of both Samatha and Vipassana are needed to gain Wisdom in the correct manner to eradicate grief, sorrow and lamentation leading to enlightenment.
- These two Dhamma sermons are a good introduction on Buddhist meditation for those who start to practice Dhamma.
- It’s also essential Dhamma for those who have practiced for some time and have not reached a satisfactory level of development on the Path of Dhamma.
These discourses are worthy of translation to English. It’s hoped that someone could start on that worthy activity for the benefit of English only readers/listeners.
Please click the following link to reach the text of the sutta in Sinhala from Thripitakaya.org ;
Please click the following link to reach the translation of the Sutta in English from the book, ‘Angutttara Nikaya Anthology’ by Ven. Nyanaponika Thero and Bhikku Bodhi;
Tranquility and Insight
How to Download or Directly Listen to the audio files.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the file link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu. Save the file into a pre designated folder to listen on multiple occasions. This is the best way to save your internet allocation.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
- 01. RET 208 Samatha & Vipassana_Q&A 01_29-04-2019
- 02. RET 208 Samatha & Vipassana_Dhamma Talk 01_29-04-2019
- 03. RET 208 Samatha & Vipassana_Q&A 02_30-04-2019
- 04. RET 208 Samatha & Vipassana_Dhamma Talk 02_30-04-2019
Please click here to reach other Dhamma recordings of Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero.