Vatthupama Sutta was the Sutta discourse at the meditation retreat held at Vancouver, Canada. It was conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero from 2nd to 10th June 2015. In Vatthupama Sutta, the Lord Buddha use the simile of a cloth to be Dyed. A cloth that is stained or soiled would not be well dyed. Similarly, when the mind has certain impurities those need to be cleaned before the mind could progress. The Buddha then enumerates the heart’s impurities and how those can be cleansed.
The Sutta is from page 82, Book 1, Majjima Nikaya of Tripitaka. Please click here to download the PDF of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka.
The quality of the Dhamma content of the discourse and discussions conducted at Vancouver is of a high standard.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. Day 1 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 01
- 02. Day 2 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 01
- 03. Day 2 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 02
- 04. Day 3 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 03
- 05. Day 3 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 02
- 06. Day 4 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 03
- 07. Day 4 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 04
- 08. Day 5 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 05
- 09. Day 5 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 04
- 10. Day 6 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 05
- 11. Day 6 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 06
- 12. Day 7 – Vattupama Sutta_Dhamma Talk 07
- 13. Day 7 – Vattupama Sutta_Q&A 06