A Tour of Dhamma in Oman was undertaken by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero on the invitation of the Buddhist Society of Oman during September 2016. The Maha Thero conducted a meditation retreat and a series of Dhamma Talks in Oman during this short yet busy tour.
The Maha Thero selected Dasuttara Sutta as the topic for Dhamma sermons during the Mindfulness retreat. It was a continuation of the long series on Dasuttara Stta. The Maha Thero selected Dhammachakka Sutta during the evening Dhamma sermons conducted at the temple.
Dasuttara Sutta is the 34th or the last Sutta of Digha Nikaya preached by the Chief Disciple Most Ven. Sariputta at the Gaggarāpokkharani in Campā, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants.
Dasuttara Sutta (In Sinhala) is now available at Thripitakaya.org. Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta directly from Thripitakaya.org
Dhammachakka or Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta is the first Sutta preached by the Lord Buddha after attaining Buddhahood. The Buddha gave this Sutta to the Five Ascetics at Sarnath, India. The main topic of this sutra is the Four Noble Truths, which are the central teachings of Buddhism that provide a unifying theme, or conceptual framework, for all of Buddhist thought. This sutra also introduces the Buddhist concepts of the Middle Way, impermanence, and dependent origination.
Please click the following link to read the text of the sutta from Thripitakaya.org
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 Introduction to the Program_In Sinhala_12-09-2016
- 02 Introduction to the Program_In English_12-09-2016
- 03. Guided Meditation Instructions_12-09-2016
- 04. Dhamma Discussion 01_12-09-2016
- 05. Anumodana_12-09-2016
- 06. Dasuttara Sutta – Part 24_Dhamma Talk 01_12-09-2016
- 07. Dhamma Talk at the Temple_Dhammachakka Sutta 01_12-09-2016
- 08. Dhamma Discussion 02_13-09-2016
- 09. Dasuttara Sutta – Part 24_Dhamma Talk 02_13-09-2016
- 10. Dhamma Talk at the Temple_Dhammachakka Sutta 02_13-09-2016
- 11. Dhamma Discussion 03_14-09-2016
- 12. Dasuttara Sutta – Part 24_Dhamma Talk 03_14-09-2016
- 13. Dhamma Talk at the Temple_Dhammachakka Sutta 03_14-09-2016
- 14. Dhamma Discussion 04_15-09-2016
- 15. Dasuttara Sutta – Part 24_Dhamma Talk 04_15-09-2016
- 16. Dhamma Talk at the Temple_Dhammachakka Sutta 04_15-09-2016
- 17. Anupubbena Medhavi_16-09-2016
- 18. Appaka te Manussesu_16-09-2016