We are pleased to present a valuable series of Dhamma sermons conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero at Dunedin, New Zealand during early Jan 2015.
The Sammaditthi Sutta is a very important discourse that provides an elaboration on the “right view” of the Buddhist Path. This was preached by the Buddha’s chief disciple, Most Ven. Sariputta Maha Thero. Right view is the first factor of the Buddhist Noble Eightfold Path, the path that leads to the cessation of suffering. Right view is considered the “forerunner” of all other path factors. In addition, the Sutta provides many dimensions of the Right View according to the Buddhist Path. As such it is a Sutta worthy of close study, investigation and contemplation.
We have included a PDF of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka for the benefit of the listeners. Please click here to download the PDF. We have also included the following explanations of the Sutta in English for the benefit of the readers from accesstoinsight.org: Please click here to reach the explanation by Ñanamoli Thera & Bhikkhu Bodhi and also click here to reach the explanation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 Q&A 01_Sammaditthi Sutta_06-01-2015
- 02 Dhamma Talk 01_Sammaditthi Sutta_ 06-01-2015
- 03 Q&A 02_Sammaditthi Sutta_ 07-01-2015
- 04 Dhamma Talk 02_Sammaditthi Sutta_07-01-2015
- 05 Q&A 03_Sammaditthi Sutta_ 08-01-2015
- 06 Dhamma Talk 03_Sammaditthi Sutta_08-01-2015
- 07 Q&A 04_Sammaditthi Sutta_09-01-2015
- 08 Dhamma Talk 04_Sammaditthi Sutta_09-01-2015
- 09 Q&A 05_Sammaditthi Sutta_10-01-2015
- 10 Dhamma Talk 05_Sammaditthi Sutta_10-01-2015
- 11 Q&A 06_Sammaditthi Sutta_11-01-2015
- 12 Dhamma Talk 06_Sammaditthi Sutta_11-01-2015
- 13 Q&A 07_Sammaditthi Sutta_12-01-2015
- 14 Dhamma Talk 07_Sammaditthi Sutta_12-01-2015
- 15 Q&A 08_Sammaditthi Sutta_13-01-2015
- 16 Dhamma Talk 08_Sammaditthi Sutta_13-01-2015
- 17 Q&A 09_Sammaditthi Sutta_14-01-2015
- 18 Dhamma Talk 09_Sammaditthi Sutta_14-01-2015
- 19 Q&A 10_Sammaditthi Sutta_15-01-2015
- 20 Dhamma Talk 10_Sammaditthi Sutta_15-01-2015
- 21 Q&A 11_Sammaditthi Sutta_16-01-2015
- 22 Dhamma Talk 11_Sammaditthi Sutta_16-01-2015
- 23 Dhamma Talk 12_Sammaditthi Sutta_17-01-2015
- 24 Q&A 12_Sammaditthi Sutta_19-01-2015
- 25 Dhamma Talk 13_Sammaditthi Sutta_19-01-2015
- 26 Q&A 13_Sammaditthi Sutta_20-01-2015
- 27 Dhamma Talk 14_Sammaditthi Sutta_20-01-2015
- 28 Q&A 14_Sammaditthi Sutta_21-01-2015
- 29 Dhamma Talk 15_Sammaditthi Sutta_21-01-2015
- 30 Q&A 15_Sammaditthi Sutta_22-01-2015
- 31 Dhamma Talk 16_Sammaditthi Sutta_22-01-2015