Dasuttara Sutta was continued by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero at the 171th residential retreat of Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery. Maha Thero continued the long series on Dasuttara Sutta for the 60th occasion at this 5 days long retreat.
Dasuttara is the last (thirty fourth) Sutta of the Digha Nikaya, preached by Arahanth Sariputta at the Gaggarapokkharani in Campa, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It consists of groups of doctrines – ten single doctrines, ten twofold doctrines, and so on up to ten tenfold (D.iii.272). It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants.
Dasuttara Sutta text in Sinhala is available at Thripitakaya.org. Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta directly from Thripitakaya.org
Dasuttara Sutta Text in Sinhala
How to Download or Directly Listen to the audio files.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the file link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu. Save the file into a pre designated folder to listen on multiple occasions. This is the best way to save your internet allocation.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
- 01. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Q&A 01_12-03-2018
- 02. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Dhamma Talk 01_12-03-2018
- 03. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Q&A 02_13-03-2018
- 04. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Dhamma Talk 02_13-03-2018
- 05. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Q&A 03_14-03-2018
- 06. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Dhamma Talk 03_14-03-2018
- 07. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Q&A 04_15-03-2018
- 08. RET 171 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 60_Dhamma Talk 04_15-03-2018