Samadhi Bhavana Sutta was selected by Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero of Mitirigala Nissarana Vanaya Forest Monastery as the next Sutta for Sutta Teachings in English on 21 September 2022.
Samadhi Bhavana Sutta is an excellent Sutta on Samadhi as explained by the Supreme Buddha. Four benefits of Samadhi are explained in this Sutta as follows;
- The development of concentration that, when developed & pursued, leads to a pleasant abiding in the here & now (Jhana).
- The development of concentration that, when developed & pursued, leads to the attainment of knowledge & vision. (The perception of light or at the higher level, the Devine Eye – the psychic power of clairvoyance and the knowledge of the
working of karma and rebirth)
- The development of concentration that, when developed & pursued, leads to mindfulness & alertness. (The perception of impermanence or anicca saññā)
- The development of concentration that, when developed & pursued, leads to the ending of the effluents. (Contemplating on “the rise and fall” (udaya-vaya) of the aggregates)
Please use this link to read the text of the Sutta: Samadhi Bhavana Sutta.
- Dhamma Talk 01 – Samadhi Bhavana Sutta. (21-09-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 01 – Samadhi Bhavana Sutta (21-09-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 02 – Samadhi Bhavana Sutta. (28-09-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 02 – Samadhi Bhavana Sutta (28-09-2022)
This program is conducted via Zoom connections.
Given below are the local commencing times of the program.
- SL: Wednesday at 7am
- USA: Tuesday 9:30pm
- AEST: Wednesday 11:30am
- UK: Wednesdays 2am
This program is coordinated from USA by Jennifer Chang.
To join the program on Zoom use the below link and meeting ID/password:
Meeting ID: 695 744 3611