We are pleased to provide this valuable Dhamma series recorded at Meetirigala Nissarana Vanaya Forest Monastery of Sri Lanka. This Sutta series was conducted by the chief meditation master of the monastery, Most Ven. Udairiyagama Dhammajiva Maha Thero.
This series based on Nibbedhika Sutta was recorded at a residential retreat held at the monastery during October 2012. The Maha Thero covered this Sutta during multiple retreats as a lengthy discourse. This is the Part 4 of the series on Nibbedhika Sutta. This Part 4 is focused on the very important subject of āsava or mental effluent or fermentation. The Maha Thero explains this difficult subject using practical examples. Most importantly he expertly clarifies the subject for the benefit of the meditation practitioners. It is very difficult to find such a deep and a well explained series of discourses on āsava.
This Part 4 is invaluable to all the Vipassana and Samatha meditation practitioners.
The audio editing of this valuable series was generously sponsored by Mr Athula Liyanage of Melbourne, Australia and by Ms Charmaine Karunatillake of Ontario, Canada.
We have also provided a PDF file of the Sutta from Sutta Pitaka. This PDF is from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka publication. Please click this link to the PDF on Nibbedhika Sutta.
To Listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. You could then listen to the talk directly by clicking on the arrow mark.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting ”save as ” from the drop down menu.
- 01 – Introduction_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 4
- 02 – Dhamma Discussion 01_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 4
- 03 – Dhamma Talk 01_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 04 – Dhamma Talk 02_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 05 – Dhamma Discussion 02_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 4
- 06 – Dhamma Talk 03_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 07 – Dhamma Talk 04_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 08 – Dhamma Talk 05_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 09 – Dhamma Discussion 03 _Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 4
- 10 – Dhamma Talk 06_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04
- 11 – Dhamma Talk 07_Nibbedhika Sutta – Part 04