We are pleased to present the recordings from a new one day meditation program conducted at Koralawella, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. This will be a new monthly series in English and would be conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero. The program as usual was sponsored by Vishwa Pārami Foundation.
This replaces the previous program for the Youth conducted at the same venue. This new program in English is more intensive and focuses on dedicated practitioners, either Young or old. As such the new program was also attended by some dedicated Youth who had developed a regular practice as a result of the previous meditation program for the Youth. The sutta selected by the Maha Thero is Sālā Sutta and it is a continuation of the same Sutta conducted at the Youth Program. Please click here to reach the previous sessions of the Program for the Youth.
Future directions regarding specific programs for the Youth were explained by Aruna at the Announcements conducted at the final session of the day. (Please note below)
The Lord Buddha, while staying at Sālā, addressed the monks, teaching them the necessity of practicing the four Foundations of Mindfulness (Satipatthana) by Novices, Sekhas (Stream Enters and up) and even the Arahants (who have achieve the full liberation). Ref. SN, Maha Vagga
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. You could then listen to the talk directly by clicking on the arrow mark.
- 01. Q&A_English_21 Feb 2015
- 02. Dhamma Talk_Sala Sutta_English_21 Feb 2015
- 03. Announcements and Closing-English_21 Feb 2015
- 04. Introduction_English_28 March 2015
- 05. Guidelines for Walking Meditation_English_28 March 2015
- 06. Guided Sitting Meditation_English_28 March 2015
- 07. Q&A_English_28 March 2015
- 08. Dhamma Talk_Sala Sutta_English_28 March 2015
- 09. Announcements and Closing-English_28 March 2015