Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero commenced a five days long retreat at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery based on Khaya Sutta in June 2019. It was the 213th residential retreat at the Monastery. This is another important Sutta to the Yogis developing the Path of Nibbana. This retreat was conducted in Sinhala.
In Khaya Sutta (Tanhakkhaya Sutta), the Lord Buddha strongly encourage the monks to to cultivate the seven Bojjhangas as the Path to ending of craving. The Sutta further develops as the Lord Buddha explains in answer to a question of Udāyī as to how this practice of Bojjhangas are developed.
Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta in Sinhala from thripitakaya.org;
Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta in English from dhammatalks.org;
Khaya Sutta (Ending)
The recordings of this retreat are invaluable to the advancing and advanced students of Samatha, Vipassana.
How to Download or Directly Listen to the audio files.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the file link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu. Save the file into a pre designated folder to listen on multiple occasions. This is the best way to save your internet allocation.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
- 01. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Q&A 01_10-06-2019
- 02. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 01_10-06-2019
- 03. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Q&A 02_11-06-2019
- 04. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 02_11-06-2019
- 05. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Q&A 03_12-06-2019
- 06. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 03_12-06-2019
- 07. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Q&A 04_13-06-2019
- 08. RET 113_Khaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 04_13-06-2019
- 09. RET 213_Khaya Sutta_Q&A 05_14-06-2019