We are pleased to present another important Sutta of the Lord Buddha preached by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero. In this Sutta the Buddha points out three types of people in relation to association for those who wish to progress. The Buddha gave us the following guidelines in relation to those three types of people;
- There is a type of a person we should not associate. We should avoid such people as much as possible.
- There is another type of person we should associate with. We should try our best to find such people.
- There is another type of person who is worthy of veneration and our support/help. We should find and venerate/support/help such esteemed people.
This is another short Sutta that is without a name in the Sinhala Tripitaka. However we have adopted the name given in the Burmese texts for the purpose of identification. It is the sixth Sutta of Puggala Vaggo, Tika Nipatha, Anguttara Nikaya. We are pleased to provide a PDF of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka. Please click here to download the PDF of the Sutta.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t, you may highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 85 Sevithabba Sutta_QandA 01_03.11.2014
- 02 RET 85 Sevithabba Sutta_Dhamma Talk 01_03.11.2014
- 03 RET 85 Sevithabba Sutta_QandA 02_04.11.2014
- 04 RET 85 Sevithabba Sutta_Dhamma Talk 02_04.11.2014