The 207th residential meditation retreat at Mitirigala was once again conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero in Sinhala based on the continuous series of Dasuttara Sutta. It was the 81st occasion of this long Sutta series. It was a 5 days long residential meditation retreat.
Dasuttara is the last (thirty fourth) Sutta of the Digha Nikaya, preached by Arahanth Sariputta at the Gaggarapokkharani in Campa, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It consists of groups of doctrines – ten single doctrines, ten twofold doctrines, and so on up to ten tenfold (D.iii.272). It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants.
Dasuttara Sutta text in Sinhala is available at Thripitakaya.org. Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta directly from Thripitakaya.org
Dasuttara Sutta Text in Sinhala.
How to Download or Directly Listen to the audio files.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the file link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu. Save the file into a pre designated folder to listen on multiple occasions. This is the best way to save your internet allocation.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
- 01. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Q&A 01_22-04-2019
- 02. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Dhamma Talk 01_22-04-2019
- 03. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Q&A 02_23-04-2019
- 04. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Dhamma Talk 02_23-04-2019
- 05. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Q&A 03_24-04-2019
- 06. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Dhamma Talk 03_24-04-2019
- 07. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Q&A 04_25-04-2019
- 08. RET 207_Dasuttara Sutta – Part 81_Dhamma Talk 04_25-04-2019