Four foundations of Mindfulness Retreat at CYM 2016
Four Foundations of Mindfulness was the topic of the 10 day meditation retreat conducted at CYM (Chuang Yen Monastery), New York, U.S.A. It was conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero during end May and June 2016. The retreat was conducted in English.
The Maha Thero discussed Dasuttara Sutta during this meditation retreat. Dasuttara Sutta is the 34th or the last Sutta of Digha Nikaya preached by the Chief Disciple Most Ven. Sariputta at the Gaggarāpokkharani in Campā, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants. Please click the following link to obtain the text of this this lengthy Sutta in English from Pali Canon Online: Dasuttara Sutta text in English
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. Dhamma Talk 01_CYM- U.S.A._27-05-2016
- 02. Q & A 01_CYM-U.S.A._27-05-2016
- 03. Dhamma Talk 02_CYM-U.S.A._28-05-2016
- 04. Q & A 02_CYM-U.S.A._28-05-2016
- 05. Dhamma Talk 03_CYM-U.S.A._29-05-2016
- 06. Q & A 03_CYM-U.S.A._29-05-2016
- 07. Dhamma Talk 04_CYM-U.S.A._30-05-2016
- 08. Q & A 04_CYM-U.S.A._30-05-2016
- 09. Dhamma Talk 05_CYM-U.S.A._31-05-2016
- 10. Q & A 05_CYM-U.S.A._31-05-2016
- 11. Dhamma Talk 06_CYM-U.S.A._01-06-2016
- 12. Q & A 06_CYM-U.S.A._01-06-2016
- 13. Dhamma Talk 07_CYM-U.S.A._02-06-2016
- 14. Q & A 07_CYM-U.S.A._02-06-2016
- 15. Dhamma Talk 08_CYM-U.S.A._03-06-2016
- 16. Q & A 08_CYM-U.S.A._03-06-2016
- 17. Dhamma Talk 09_CYM-U.S.A._04-06-2016
- 18. Q & A 09_CYM-U.S.A._04-06-2016
Please click here to reach the other Dhamma Talk series in English by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero.