Potthapada Sutta was selected by Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero of Mitirigala Nissarana Vanaya Forest Monastery as the next Sutta for Sutta Teachings in English on 30 March 2022.
This sutta portrays two modes by which the Buddha responded to the controversial issues of his day. The first mode, illustrated by his contribution to the discussion on the ultimate cessation of perception, was to adopt the terms of the discussion but to invest them with his own meanings, and then to try to direct the discussion to the practice leading to the cessation of suffering & stress. The second mode, illustrated by his treatment of whether the cosmos is eternal, etc. — was to declare the issues as unconducive to awakening, and to refuse to take a position on them.
Please click the following link to read a description and the text Sutta in English: Potthapada Sutta.
This program is conducted via Zoom connections.
Given below are the local commencing times of the program.
- SL: Wednesday at 7am
- USA: Tuesday 9:30pm
- AEST: Wednesday 11:30am
- UK: Wednesdays 2am
This program is coordinated from USA by Jennifer Chang.
To join the program on Zoom use the below link and meeting ID/password:
Meeting ID: 695 744 3611
- Dhamma Talk 01 – Potthapada Sutta (30-03-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 01 (30-03-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 02 – Potthapada Sutta (06-04-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 02 (06-04-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 03 – Potthapada Sutta (13-04-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 03 (13-04-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 04 – Potthapada Sutta (20-04-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 04 (20-04-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 05 – Potthapada Sutta (27-04-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 05 (27-04-2022)
- Dhamma Talk 06 – Potthapada Sutta (04-05-2022)
- Dhamma Discussion 06 (04-05-2022)
Potthapada Sutta completed.