We are pleased to send you the recordings of Maha Mangala Sutta conducted at Siri Samanola Senasuna, Yatiyantota, Sri Lanka. Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero conducted one day meditation programs at the monastery on a monthly basis till November 2016. This program is no longer conducted at Siri Samanola Senasuna.
The series on Maha Mangala Sutta was conducted at Yatiyanthota for some time by the Maha Thero – possibly for a couple of years. Unfortunately most of the previous parts are not available to the greater public due to the unavailability of past records.
Please click the following link to read the text of the Sutta in Sinhala from Thripitakaya.org:
Maha Mangala Sutta is a well known Sutta discourse among the Buddhists of Sri Lanka. It is chanted in most devout Buddhist houses in a daily basis. However, very few long Dhamma discourses are available on the Sutta, especially from the perspective of Vipassana meditation. As such this lengthy discourse on the Sutta serves an invaluable purpose as it opens opportunities for in-dept analysis of this popular Sutta.
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window but if not you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. Maha Mangala Sutta_November 2013
- 02. Maha Mangala Sutta_08 March 2014
- 03. Maha Mangala Sutta_06 April 2014
- 04. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_01-08-2014
- 05. Maha Mangala Sutta_01-08-2014
- 06. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_02-08-2014
- 07. Maha Mangala Sutta_02-08-2014
- 08. Maha Mangala Sutta_03-08-2014
- 09. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_03-08-2014
- 10. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_08-03-2015
- 11. Maha Mangala Sutta_08-03-2015
- 12. Maha Mangala Sutta_05-04-2015
- 13. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_05-04-2015
- 14. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_06-09-2015
- 15. Maha Mangala Sutta_06-09-2015
- 16. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_04-10-2015
- 17. Maha Mangala Sutta_04-10-2015
- 18. Maha Mangala Sutta_08-11-2015
- 19. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_08-11-2015
- 20. Maha Mangala Sutta_07-02-2016
- 21. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_06-03-2016
- 22. Maha Mangala Sutta_06-03-2016
- 23. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_03-04-2016
- 24. Maha Mangala Sutta_03-04-2016
- 25. Maha Mangala Sutta_07-08-2016
- 26. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_07-08-2016
- 27. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_04-09-2016
- 28. Maha Mangala Sutta_04-09-2016
- 29. Q&A_Maha Mangala Sutta_02-10-2016
- 30. Maha Mangala Sutta_Dhamma Talk_02-10-2016
- 31. Maha Mangala Sutta_Dhamma Talk_20-11-2016