Ven. Panadure Chandaratana Thero conducted the 136th residential meditation retreat at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery during January 2017.
The retreat was attended by a large group of lay Yogis, Nuns and even senior Monks.
The Theo conducted some highly-participated Questions and Answers sessions during the retreat. These sessions are very valuable to Dhamma practitioners of all levels due to the following reasons:
- The style used by the Thero is highly approachable to the Yogis. They are encouraged to ask the questions in their own way and the Thero compassionately and humbly guides them and provides the answers.
- The Thero has a deep understanding of both Samatha and Vipassana meditative paths. The Yogis are guided per their level and the type of practice. Those who are inclined towards Samatha are encouraged to deepen their practice and guided at a certain point to progress towards Vipassana.
- The Thero has a good memory to follow up and guide the regular Yogis’ practice from one retreat to another per to each Yogis’ level of development.
The recordings of the Dhamma sermons on Maha Sunyatha Sutta – Part 1 conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero was played during the Dhamma Talks periods. It was part of the 63rd residential retreat conducted at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery. A link to the web page of the 63rd retreat is available at the following link: Maha Sunyatha Sutta – Part 1_February 2014
How to Listen and Download the audio files
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. RET 136 Q&A 01_14-01-2017
- 02. RET 136 Q&A 02_15-01-2017
- 03. RET 136 Q&A 03_16-01-2017
- 04. RET 136 Q&A 04_17-01-2017
- 05. RET 136 Q&A 05_18-01-2017
- 06. RET 136 Q&A 06_19-01-2017