Pubba Karana Sutta was the basis for the series of Dhamma talks conducted during the short meditation retreat held at Canberra, Australia during 26th to 29th December 2015. The Sutta is part of cluster of small suttas called Shramana vaggo (ශ්රමණ වග්ගෝ) in book 1 of Anguttara Nikaya. It is without a name in Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka. The name, Pubba Karana Sutta is given in the Burmese Tripitaka.
The Sutta focus on the three actions or areas of developments that needs to be fulfilled by someone aspiring to become enlightened. These three are the development of higher Morality, higher Concentration and higher Wisdom.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01. Dhamma Talk 01_Pubba Karana Sutta_26-12-2015
- 02. Q&A 01_Pubba Karana Sutta_27-12-2015
- 03. Special meditation instructions_Pubba Karana Sutta_27-12-2015
- 04. Dhamma Talk 02_Pubba Karana Sutta_27-12-2015
- 05. Q&A 02_Pubba Karana Sutta_28-12-2015
- 06. Dhamma Talk 03_Pubba Karana Sutta_28-12-2015
- 07. Q&A 03_Pubba Karana Sutta_29-12-2015
- 08. English Summary of the Dhamma Talks_Canberra Retreat