We are pleased to provide this valuable Dhamma series recorded at Savatti, India. This Sutta series was conducted by Most Ven. Udairiyagama Dhammajiva Maha Thero, the chief meditation master of Meetirigala Nissaranavanaya monastery, Sri Lanka.
A group of experienced meditation practitioners participated in this retreat conducted at Jethavanārāmaya, Savatti, India. A special aspect of the retreat was the opportunity to practice meditation at a noisy environment. The location of the retreat became rather noisy during the daytime as a result of the chanting of various groups of devotes from all over the world. That situation provided an excellent opportunity to test the skills of the Yoginis and Yogis. It also led to various valuable group discussions on Vipassana and Samatha Concentration methods.
The Pottapada Sutta is a ‘Long Discourse’ taken from Deega Nikaya. The Maha Thero expertly explains this lengthy Sutta based from the practical development of the Buddhist Path. As such the keen listeners could note and sense the beauty and the practicality of the Buddhist Path. This series is invaluable to all the practicing Buddhists.
We have also provided a PDF file of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka publication. That version is complete and has 50 pages. That will be invaluable to those who wish to learn this Sutta in depth. We have also included a link to an English version of the Sutta for the benefit of those unfortunate Sinhalese who cannot understand or read the Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka publication. Please note that this English translation is not complete as the interpretation given in Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka publication.
Please click this link to the Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka interpretation.
Please click this link to the English translation of the Sutta.
To Listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. You could then listen to the talk directly by clicking on the arrow mark.
- 1 – Introduction_Pottapada Sutta
- 2 – Dhamma Talk – 01_Pottapada Sutta – 27 Feb 2013
- 3_Q&A-01_Pottapada Sutta_28 Feb 2013
- 4_Dhamma Talk – 02_Pottapada Sutta_28 Feb 2013
- 5_Group Interview 01_1 Mar 2013
- 6_Dhamma Talk – 03_Pottapada Sutta_1 Mar 2013
- 7_Q&A-2_Pottapada Sutta_2 Mar 2013
- 8 – Dhamma Talk – 04_Pottapada Sutta_2 Mar 2013
- 9 – Group Interview 02_Pottapada Sutta_3 Mar 2013
- 10 – Dhamma Talk – 05_Pottapada Sutta_3 Mar 2013
- 11 – Q&A-3_Pottapada Sutta_4 Mar 2013
- 12 – Dhamma Talk – 06_Pottapada Sutta_4 Mar 2013
- 13 – Dhamma Talk – 07_Pottapada Sutta_5 Mar 2013
- 14 – Closing Ceremony_5 Mar 2013 The following Dhamma talk was conducted by the Maha Thero at Varanasi, India during the same tour.
- 15. Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta_Varanasi_26 Feb 2013 Given below is the Pahan Kanuwa Desana No. 193. This was recommended by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero to the participants of the Savatti retreat. This Dhamma talk was delivered by Most Ven. Katukurunde Gnanananda Maha Thero.
- Pahan Kanuwa_Sermon_0193