Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20 was the Sutta discourse during the 120th residential retreat at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Monastery. This Sutta is given a new life as a very long series of discourses by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero.
Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20 was preached during a five day residential retreat at Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery.
Dasuttara Sutta is the 34th or the last Sutta of Digha Nikaya preached by the Chief Disciple Most Ven. Sariputta at the Gaggarāpokkharani in Campā, in the presence of the Lord Buddha. It is said that at the end of the discourse five hundred monks became Arahants.
Dasuttara Sutta (In Sinhala) is available at Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka. As it is a long discourse, we are unable to provide a separate PDF of the Sutta. However, if you wish to read the sutta, it can be downloaded from the 3rd book of Digha Nikaya. The book is 101 MB of size. The Sutta starts at page no. 468 and please click here to download the 3rd Book of Digha Nikaya.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Q&A 01_16-04-2016
- 02 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Dhamma Talk 01_16-04-2016
- 03 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Q&A 02_17-04-2016
- 04 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Dhamma Talk 02_17-04-2016
- 05 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Q&A 03_18-04-2016
- 06 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Dhamma Talk 03_18-04-2016
- 07 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Q&A 04_19-04-2016
- 08 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Dhamma Talk 04_19-04-2016
- 09 RET 120 Dasuttara Sutta – Part 20_Q&A 05 & Closing_20-04-2016