We pleased to provide the fifth and the final part of Anumana Sutta discourse conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero. This invaluable sutta was originally presented by Arahanth Moggallana to emphasize the importance of Vinaya. Vinaya is very important to the continuation of the order of Monks and thereby the Dhamma.
We like to present the final part of the Sutta discourse with a special audio clip from the final Q&A session. In this audio clip a Nun express her concern and grievances regarding the lower acceptance of them by the world. The answer given by the Maha Thero demonstrates the following;
- Maturity as a teacher of Dhamma. The Maha Thero gradually directs the answer to the level of realization by pointing out to recall as to why they renounce and became Monks or Nuns. Not to seek favors or justice, but to realize Nibbana.
- The Way of Living Practiced at Nissaranavanaya Monastery. The Maha Thero proceeds to explain simple and humble and yet unique way of living practiced at Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery.
- True spirit of the Order of those who have renounced the World. The answer is a fine example of the Ariya (Noble) Monks of the past, the present and the future. It is like a fine fragrance emanating from the past to the present and the future.
Please click the following link to listen to the Dhamma clip from the final Q&A Session. (The audio quality of the voice of the Nun cannot be improved any further)
88. Be Like the Wind going through the Forest
This Sutta is from Book 1, Page 228 of Majjima Nikaya of Sutta Pitaka. Please click here to download a PDF file of the Sutta from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka.
You can also locate the Sutta at Tripitakaya.org at this link: http://www.thripitakaya.org/tipitakaya/Index/38?s=113 (Now Tripitakaya.org has included the whole of Majjima Nikaya)
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 01_17-03-2015
- 02 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 01_18-03-2015
- 03 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 02_18-03-2015
- 04 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 02_19-03-2015
- 05 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 05_Dhamma Talk 03_19-03-2015
- 06 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 03_20-03-2015
- 07 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 05_Dhamma Talk 04_20-03-2015
- 08 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 04_23-03-2015
- 09 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 05_23-03-2015
- 10 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 05_24-03-2015
- 11 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 06_24-03-2015
- 12 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 06_25-03-2015
- 13 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 07_25-03-2015
- 14 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_QandA 07_26-03-2015
- 15 RET 91 Anumana Sutta – Part 5_Dhamma Talk 08_26-03-2015