|Please click this Button to get more information.|
We are pleased to send you the recordings of a 4 day residential retreat conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero at Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya Monastery. This retreat was based on Adittapariyaya Sutta – one of the earliest Suttas of Lord Buddha.
Several months after his Awakening, the Buddha delivered this sermon to an audience of 1,000 previously fire-worshipping ascetics. In his characteristically brilliant teaching style, the Buddha uses a metaphor that quickly penetrates to the heart of the audience – in this case, the metaphor of fire. At the end of the discourse the thousand monks, erstwhile jatilas, who had been listening, became Arahants.
We have also included a PDF file of the Thera Gatha from Buddha Jayanthi Tripitaka Publication. Please click here to download the PDF file.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. Usually the file starts to play in that window. If it doesn’t, you could highlight the browser window and click ‘reload this page’. It will start to play.
To download: You could download the file by right clicking on the link and then selecting “save as” from the drop down menu.
- 01 RET 72_ Adittapariyaya Sutta_QandA 01_08-05-2014
- 02 RET 72_Adittapariyaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 01_08-05-2014
- 03 RET 72_Adittapariyaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 02_09-05-2014
- 04 RET 72_Aditta Pariyaya Sutta_Interview 01_09-05-2014
- 05 RET 72_Aditta Pariyaya Sutta_QandA 02_10-05-2014
- 06 RET 72_Adittapariyaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 03_10-05-2014
- 07 RET 72_Adittapariyaya Sutta_Dhamma Talk 04_11-05-2014
- 08 RET 72_Adittapariyaya Sutta_Interview 02_11-05-2014