|Please click this Button to get more information.|
One day meditation programs target the Newcomers to Mitirigala Nissarana Vanaya Monastery. This is a series conducted in English. The programs are jointly conducted by Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero and his Lay student Aruna Manathunge.
- We have also included a new movie clip at the end as a response to a question raised by the audience regarding the use of Mindfulness meditation by the US army soldiers. That is the official trailer from the 80 minutes long movie called ‘Free the Mind’. This complete movie will be shown at a future date during the residential retreats at Nissarana Vanaya Monastery.
Please note that the loading of the Video Clips will depend on the speed of your internet connection.
To listen directly: Please left click on the link to listen directly. Once the link is clicked, you will be directed to a separate page containing the talk. You could then listen to the talk directly by clicking on the arrow mark.
- 1. Introduction to Program and Walking Meditation Instructions_Aruna Manathunge
- 2. Some further Instructions after Walking Meditation_Aruna Manathunge
- 3. Sitting Meditation instructions_Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero
- 4. Instructions on ‘Mindful Eating’ and ‘Leave No Trace’_Aruna Manathunge
- 5. ‘Train your mind and change your brain’ – Video clips showing connection between mindfulness practice and changes in the structure of the brain_Aruna Manathunge
- BBC News – Can ‘mindful’ meditation increase profits_Video Clip
- BBC News – Can we change the way the brain deals with stress_Video Clip
- BBC News – Scans ‘show mindfulness meditation brain boost’_Video Clip
- 9.The significance of these findings to our Mindfulness Practice – Key Learning Points_Aruna Manathunge
- 10. Dhamma Talk_Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero
- 11. Questions and Answers_Most Ven. U. Dhammajiva Maha Thero
- 12. Closing session, Announcements_Aruna Manathunge
- Free the Mind (Official U.S. Trailer)